First off, thank you to everyone who read and shared my last post on “27 Things You Can Still Do When You’re 27.”I have decided to continue writing in list format. I am an avid reader of the notorious time killing website Buzzfeed and have decided that not only are lists fun to write, they are also easy to edit.
Also because I’ve been making up lists since my last post, I’ve got some golden ones like,
“10 times your poop scared you into thinking about your life choices.”
“20 times being drunk brought you closer to becoming the glorious human that you are.”
They’re good right?
Friends at this age are one of the most important parts of our lives. We tell them everything, they’re like a therapist who also needs a therapist that you get drunk with. They are the ones at 3am that suggest riding the elevator in their condo while hot boxing it is the only thing in life worth doing. They are also the ones that you can call on when you’re 3/4’s into a bottle of wine on a Tuesday. Maybe you just want to hear their voice, maybe something troubling happened in your job, or maaaaaybe you called your ex and left a drunken one way conversation on his answer machine.
Whatever that never happened…
Here’s the list,
15 Times Your Friends Made You Understand Life Better Than Oprah.
1. That time you all went out for lunch and just ended up ordering wine and talking about weird penises you’ve all encountered. I was once with a guy that had a penis that curved up…
It was like a boomerang, he wasn’t even Austrialian.
2. Having the comfort of knowing that every morning you will have at least one poop talk with one of your friends.
Fuck you webMD you don’t know what “normal” is.
3. When you and all your friends are poor but your combined poor ness equals a magnum of red wine.
“There are 5 of us and we all $3.00 so we can buy one magnum, MATH!”
4. Those moments at a bar when you all decide dancing with sweaters pulled over your heads is really, really funny.
“WE’RE HUMAN DISCO HELICOPTERS.”
And oddly no one got laid that night…
5. Drunk food missions, not one in particular, they all seem to go down the same way where one of you is yelling “I Love You” to a box of Pad Thai while you all zig zag along Queen West.
6. When you have to move, your friends will always help for pizza and beer.
Well unless you’re moving onto the 5th floor of a walk up. I want strippers and blow for dealing with that shit.
7. Saying “Remember that time?” And referencing 12 years ago when you all got wasted and ended up rolling down the hill of Riverdale park at 1am.
8. Having that best friend who’s the opposite sex that knows all your gross habits and relationship anxieties.
These are usually the friends you make a “If we’re still single at 40” pact with because the free fall into spinsterhood is a terrifying thought.
9. That moment after you all eat a massive amount of food and start to compare and name your food babies.
If you don’t know what a food baby is than you have what I believe is called “self control.”
10. That constant fear that one day, at anytime, one of your best friends will take that leap and send you a photo of their poop.
I live everyday like it’s my last…
11. Farts will always be funny with your besties.
“I had to leave my apartment…it was that bad.”
12. That time you needed an alibi to get out of a work conference and had your friend pretend to be your doctor.
“Yes I am afraid she has herpies on her knees.”
13. Always having people that give just as less fucks as you.
“I was going to shower and then I realized all I had to do today was meet up with you.”
14. One of you ALWAYS has a flask on them because you never know.
You never know.
15. Those moments when life’s got you down and you see your best pal update their Instagram with a photo of them on the toilet at work.
It’s the little things in life.